Refreshing Summer Smoothie: Orange Mango Lassi
Orange juice is one of the best ways to get your daily dose of vitamins.
Indian River Orange Juice is packed with the benefits of calcium, thiamin, potassium, and folic acid. Not to mention orange juice is a great source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Drinking an 8 ounce glass can help to promote good bone health via vitamin C and cognitive function via Hesperidin.
Looking for an incredible way to beat the heat? I've got just the thing you need. One of my all time favorite drinks is the mango lassi. It's a delicious combination of mango, yogurt and cardamom. Think of the consistency of a smoothie with a twist.
To create the ultimate ultimate tangy and refreshing summer drink, I've added Indian River orange juice. Orange and mango is a perfectly balanced combination that will leave you thirsty for more.
Here's how to make it:
1 cup Indian River Select Orange Juice
1/2 cup of frozen mango chunks
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
Splash of milk
Lime and orange slices for garnish
1. Add orange juice and mango chunks into a blender.
2. Add in Greek yogurt, sugar and cardamom.
3. Blend ingredients together until smooth.
4. Taste for sweetness and add in more sugar as needed.
5. If the smoothie is on the thicker side you can add in a splash of milk for extra creaminess or some more orange juice.
6. Pour in a glass and garnish with lime and orange slices.
You can serve right away or place in the fridge to get extra chilled. Tangy, creamy, cold and refreshing, the orange mango lassi is one of the best ways you can cool down this summer.